(Royalty-free stock photo ID: 567165622)
Studies show that 40% of new leaders fail within the first 18 months. The good news is that leadership failure can be predicted. Will to Win Global has the training managers need to take their teams to the next level. Our leadership assessments and strengthening tools can help your organization develop strong leadership skills
Leadership is a lifelong endeavor you can never stop improving upon. There’s no such thing as being too good of a leader, and the skills required translate seamlessly from your professional career into your personal life.
Adapting Your Leadership Style: The Four Behaviour Styles and How to Make Them Work for You
(Royalty-free stock photo ID: 552201991)
Many theories of management and styles of leadership exist. In the end, none of them are right and none of them are wrong. Different people respond better to different styles of leadership. To be a truly skilled leader, you must become aware of the needs of your staff and adapt your leadership style to nurture the most productivity in your workers. This program will assess your personal leadership style and apply and practice tools for building connections with employees, running productive meetings and enhancing employee motivation.
- Identify the qualities of an effective leader
- Make the mental shift from individual productivity to influencing others
- Recognize style differences in others and cater to their preferences
- Build rapport using verbal and nonverbal messages
- Conduct constructive one-on-ones
- Give positive and negative feedback to different styles
- Develop individual motivation approaches for employees
- Facilitate a meeting effectively
- Managing with Style
- The Communication Factor
- Supportive Leadership
Duration: 4 Hours / Half Day
Delegating for Growth
(Royalty-free stock photo ID: 503438872)
Delegating for Growth is an interactive skills training course that will help any manager to better understand the purpose of delegation, prepare for and apply the steps to delegating effectively, and learn to recover from inevitable mistakes or disappointments. This training program will help to increase company-wide productivity, foster employee confidence at all levels, and develop a team-driven culture.
Most tasks and projects can be delegated. In particular, if you find yourself doing the tasks and activities you were promoted from, that’s a clear sign of items you should be delegating. Not sure how? that’s where this program comes into play.
- Recognize delegation as a tool for employee growth
- Prepare yourself to delegate effectively
- Assess your employees to determine their delegation needs
- Match employees and projects appropriately
- Identify barriers to delegation and overcome them
- Apply the steps to delegating effectively
- Handle mistakes, missteps, and failures as learning opportunities
- The Purpose of Delegation
- Preparing Yourself and Your Employees for Delegation
- The Steps of Delegation
- Mistakes, Missteps and Failures
Duration: 4 Hours / Half Day
Developing Your Direct Reports
(Royalty-free stock photo ID: 592979081)
Developing Your Direct Reports is a course in which participants will learn “development coaching”. So what’s the difference between performance management and development coaching? Performance management is focused on eliminating the weaknesses of the past and present. Development coaching, on the other hand, targets employee strengths as the basis for future performance and the achievement of long-term goals. And the other major difference? – it requires the direct and regular involvement of the manager.
- Recognize the differences between performance management and development coaching
- Implement a strengths-based approach to development
- Provide employees with the tools to assess their strengths and development needs
- Conduct a positive development discussion
- Identify a variety of paths to development
- Create an effective individual development plan
- Understanding Development
- Awareness and Assessment
- Conducting a Development Discussion
- Paths to Development
- Creating an Individual Development Plan
Duration: 4 Hours / Half Day
Strategic Planning 101: Using a Guided Process to Reach Long-term Goals
Strategic plans are a valuable tool for organizations. They help to focus energy and resources on the activities that align with long-term goals and they make an organization more responsive to a changing environment. However, while more than half of today’s organizations will create a strategic plan, most fail to see it through.
Strategic Planning 101 helps you to outline a plan that is relevant to your organization’s mission, vision, and values and helps you to manage execution throughout the process. The program introduces a logical set of activities or tasks that are grouped into three phases: preparation, development, and implementation of the plan. Participants learn how to assemble the right team, gain the commitment of stakeholders, assess their current situation, formulate specific strategies, set priorities, develop objectives, measure success, and respond to change as the plan is carried out. With a case study to drive home application, this program will help to ensure your organization’s managers and leaders gain the know how to begin focusing team efforts to achieve long-term goals.
- Recognize the difference between a strategic plan and other planning processes.
- Identify the situations in which a strategic plan is most useful.
- Understand the three phases in the strategic planning process.
- Develop and implement strategies that will help you achieve long-term goals.
- Module 1: An Introduction to Strategic Planning
- Module 2: Preparing to Develop the Strategic Plan
- Module 3: Developing the Strategic Plan
- Module 4: Implementing the Strategic Plan
Duration: 4 Hours / Half Day
Leading Others Through Change: A Three-Phase Model for Success
Organizational shifts can bode either a positive or negative experience for those involved depending on how effectively they are led through the process. Leaders play a vital role in seeing that employees understand the benefits and new opportunities brought about by change.
Leading Others Through Change recognizes that to effect a positive and productive experience, leaders must ACT – Activate the change, Create a Plan, and Transition the change.
Using a 10-step process as its basis, this program takes participants through the three phases and identifies techniques for ensuring that the change is not only a success, but that it becomes a lasting part of the culture. They’ll learn to manage resistance, garner commitment, and increase motivation for the change from start to finish, including how to evaluate efforts in order to steer the success of future initiatives.
- Understand why change initiatives fail and how to ensure their success.
- Implement a framework to actively lead change efforts.
- Plan for the success of future change through close evaluation of the current initiative.
- Identify, acknowledge, and manage resistance to ensure an efficient transition.
- Apply techniques for increasing and gaining commitment to the change.
- Your Views About Change
- Explore the Change
- Activate the Change
- Create a Plan
- Transition the Change
- Be an Effective Leader
Duration: 8 Hours / Full Day
Personify Leadership is an engaging two-day, highly interactive programme that provides comprehensive development for leaders. The training programme uses a body part model broken down into 8 specific categories, making it easy to apply and retain. Each individual category, or body part, is directly related to a leadership skill or competency. The training deconstructs each core competency, focusing on practical skills that you can apply immediately. The learning objectives for each competency, or body part, are as follows:
- The heart of a leader
Be a leader whose intention is to look out for the best interest of others
- The mind of a leader
Be a leader who is emotionally resilient
- The ears of a leader
Be a leader who takes time to truly listen to others
- The voice of a leader
Be a leader who communicates a message that resonates with those who receive it
- The hands of a leader
Be a leader who provides direction and support
- The feet of a leader
Be a leader who walks the talk
- The spine of a leader
Be a leader who is courageous in tough times
- The eyes of a leader
Be a leader who has a vision for the future
Duration: 2 Full Days