- Understand how to choose team members to create a high performing team.
- Leverage the strengths of team members to maximize team performance.
- Implement strategies to promote positive interactions.
- Evaluate team processes and team results.
- Recognize the responsibilities of a team leader.
- Choosing Elements
- Creating Balanced Equations
- Observing Interactions
- Measuring Results
- Leading the Team
Duration: 4 hours / Half Day
In the world of science, chemistry is an exploration into the properties of matter, their interactions, and the substances they produce. The same basic principles of study are applicable to the working world — the reason many often use “chemistry” to describe an intangible, but positive effect on teamwork. That’s because the basis for understanding team development and performance is a consideration of the skills, characteristics, and strengths each person possesses and how those qualities can be combined to form cohesive, collaborative working relationships that result in high productivity.
Appropriate for anyone who may have influence on the structure of a team, Creating Chemistry in Teams: How to Build a Team that Everyone Wants to Join teaches participants how to identify and correlate diverse, but complementary skills, characteristics, and strengths to team roles. They also learn the techniques for observing interactions, establishing positive communication patterns, overcoming group-think, developing mutual accountability for results, and boosting morale.